Thursday, February 19, 2009

The new Killzone 2 TV ad (is awesome)


I'm a PS3 owner. As a PS3 owner, I've been subjected to shitty ports, half hearted "such and such" killer apps, low expectations and doomsayers predicting the end of Sony at every turn. I'll admit that I doubted Sony. I didn't think that Sony could pull off anything that could change peoples' minds about the black box, but after watching the the new Killzone 2 TV ad......wow. I'll have to admit that I was wrong.

The trailer is very subtle while showing nothing but action and mayhem on the battlefield. (All in-engine, if you were wondering). I was reminded of the "Madworld" ads for Gears of War, without the catchy music. Sure, I was looking forward to the most debated game in history to see what the hubbub was about, but in the last few weeks, I've really gotten on the train for Killzone 2. The nearly across the board praise for the game, to mainstream gaming outlets having seemingly no choice but to admit that Killzone 2, in fact, lives up to the hype and passes it by and now, TV ads. Wow. Sony could be......well....let's wait until next week and see.

If you have doubts about what the PS3 can do and whether or not you should save some money and pick one up, I say, watch this ad. And if you STILL think that the PS3 is a waste of time, i really don't know what to say to you. Wait for halo 3 ODST on 360? Or.....whatever else Mircosoft has this year.

J.

No comments: