Monday, January 19, 2009

Puzzle Quest: Galactrix coming this spring; demo online now



I love me some puzzle games. Since Tetis, the puzzle genre has been a staple in my gaming collection. The first Puzzle Quest was a very good game with alot variety in game play. Online play not withstanding, (I have it for the PSP) it was a staple of my portable gaming. Almost beating out Lumines. Almost. So i was happy to hear that is was getting an update/sequel. The future setting is a interesting, yet predictable, move. But the game looks good and doesn't seem to move too far away from the gameplay it established in the first game. And, on top of all that, the Playstation 3 logo has been added among the already announced versions. PSN version confirmed? I'd say yes.

If you are interested in seeing Puzzle Quest: Future Tools of Destruction, Infinite Interactive has an online demo to wet you color-matching whistle. It's fairly straight forward, just like the first, for casual players. But has alot of deeper strategy aspects for those that will spend countless hours leveling and collecting the weapons from hell. Seems like my Spring is going to be busy.

J.

No comments: