Tuesday, January 6, 2009

One Man Band Rocks Zelda Wind Waker Theme

Well, the holidays have come and gone, and we’re now in the infancy of a new year. Along with getting Left 4 Dead early for Christmas, I scored quite a few things from my wish list including Chrono Trigger, Animal Crossing: City Folk, plus some comics and Donkey Kong Jenga (thanks Maureen, I never expected that!). I’ll try to get some impressions up on some of these in the not too distant future.


The wife and I spent New Year’s with friends, and although I tried, a few of them weren’t keen on seeing the New Year’s countdown happen in Animal Crossing, so we flipped to Carson Daly (Dick Clark’s clone body no doubt) to ring in ‘09. As the evening of drinking, snacking and playing Rock Band 2 and Left 4 Dead wound down, we started watching YouTube via the Opera browser on Wii. My buddy Aaron pulled up an amazing video, of a young man named Fredrik Larsson (Freddie25 on YouTube) who on Christmas Eve compiled an acoustic version of a Zelda medley focusing mainly on the theme of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, and plays almost 20 different parts all by himself! Check it out below:



Now, check out the original version of the tune and hear it wither in comparison. For more detail on this amazing video, here’s an interview with Fredrik on Nuclear Geek. This video was a very special treat in the earliest hours of 2009 for our party, and I had to share it with you all here.


Max

No comments: