Friday, January 30, 2009

“Beware of Zombies” Warn Texas Traffic Signs!

Zombies are everywhere these days: zombies in Left 4 Dead; not-really-zombies-but-still-very-zombie-like-people in Resident Evil 5. Now zombies are popping up in real life in Austin, Texas—or at least warnings of them are. Coming from FOXNews.com is the story that in the early morning hours of January 19th, several traffic signs were hacked into with cautionary notes about zombies on the freeway. A sampling of the messages on the signs are :


  • “ZOMBIES AHEAD”

  • “NAZI ZOMBIES. RUN!”

  • “SEEK COLDER CLIMATE. THE END IS NEAR!”

My goodness, this is too awesome for words. Of course officials in Austin are pissed, but I think it’s great and shows just how zombie obsessed we’re all becoming. My brother Patrick, who alerted me to the story, said that if he saw the signs he’d probably poop his pants and get the hell out of there, and laugh about it later. I’d have to agree. I’m constantly looking for signs of the Zombie Apocalypse, and this would probably put me over the edge.


Not really video game related, but worth sharing to be sure! Watch out for zombies!


Max

No comments: