Tuesday, March 3, 2009

In Deck: School's out forever.........

Well, it's been a long road, but I'm done with school as of yesterday. Thank you. Other then making up time I missed while enjoying myself in Hawaii, I've got nothing but time on my hands. Well, outside of getting plans together for my new business. But in the meantime, it's time to catch up on some games. And there has been ALOT of games I've been playing and that I've really wanted to play. It feels good to not have to have to get up early on the weekends at stare into an anatomy book. Anyway, on to the games......

Peggle




I don't doubt that casual games are here to stay. I like alot of them. It's the notion that all games are going, and should go, in this this direction is what bothers me. I don't mind the thought of the "casual" game and the "hardcore" existing together, though. My personal favorites are of the Pop Cap variety. Bejeweled 2 and Peggle being the ones getting the most play for me. Bejeweled 2 is my first foray into the world of casual. And it's awesome as you already know, but Peggle really got me. It's the simplest premise, erase all the orange pegs. It's likely the perfect casual game. One where it's simple to learn, but after you look up at the clock and realize that you've been playing for three hours. It's a good time. Sometimes I hope it's not too good.

Peggle is out on every platform you can think off (except PS3...for now) From $10 to free.


Magic Ball




This Breakout clone is still fun. Played more over the course of a few weeks of late night studying. And got 100% of the trophies in the game, a first for me. Seems like I'll be able to show you by this time tomorrow. Again, if you like your games on the casual side and you like Breakout/Arkanoid clones, check it out.

Magic Ball is out for $10 on PSN


Fallout 3



Jumped into Fallout 3 for a second. I'm two bobbleheads away from Vault-Tec CEO trophy. I'm very close to the end of the game, so bailed and am roaming around being a general badass, mowing down anyone in my way in the process. It's hard to get back into the game since I've really wanted to start Oblivion again. Playing both at the same time could destroy my life. Fallout 3 could be my first platinum trophy. More on this soon.

Fallout 3 is out on PS3, 360 and PC; 360 and PC have exclusive DLC for $60


On Deck..........

Killzone 2




Not much more can be said. Thanks to Amazon.com's retarded "one day shipping," I am getting KZ2.....today. Yeah. THREE DAYS after release. But, that's water under the bridge. I plan on getting into the possibly the most talked about game of all time. Reviews seem to say it lives up to the hype. Halo killer? People don't want Halo to die, so it won't. No matter what. So stop it with the "killer" tag. It's sounds like an awesome game with awesome multiplayer variants. I'll have my story about my first hour with the game up soon.


Hope you're doing ok and that your playing something cool.

J.

No comments: