Following up on Monday’s Punch-Out!! story, GoNintendo has grabbed some more info from a press release that was briefly on Nintendo Europe’s site before being pulled. Here’s the quick nitty gritty:
- The game will not support the balance board. There will be motion controls however, with the Wii remote and Nunchuck.
- Another mode of control will be to hold the Wii Remote sideways and play NES style.
- Don Flamenco has been announced as one of the returning characters. There will be 13 opponents in all (it seems small to me, but then again, that’s a good number for a Punch-Out!! game, considering you fight 3-4 guys a circuit). I’m hoping for Bald Bull to make a comeback. J has told me repeatedly he’s praying for Super Macho Man to return.
- Nintendo will apparently be revealing the identities of these 13 opponents one at a time, every week until the game comes out.
- Best of all, there will be a two-player head to head mode where you and a friend can slug it out. Sweet!
Maybe I’m too excited for this game, but it’s currently the next big thing due from Nintendo and it’s one of my favorite franchises (more due to Super Punch-Out!! than the original). Just trying to keep you all in the loop—something that Captain Cragen from TV’s Law & Order: SVU is always asking his detectives to do. Seriously. Like once an episode.