Tuesday, October 7, 2008

In Deck

Alrighty then, its been 5 days since I got the ps3, 4 days worth of having it hooked up, and 3 days worth of barely getting to play it. I say barely getting to play it because of the time constrained, sleep depriving life of being a working student. Between homework, projects, and work you don't get a lot of time to do the fun things that you love so much. So here's my short take of my PS3 experience so far.

PAIN
So far, so painful (in a good way). I can't describe how much fun the game is and how easy it is to get a laugh out of. The 3 of us (my fiancee Rose, her son Gabe, and I) spent a couple hours jettisoning the poor little bastard avatar guy into the downtown area and rolling on the floor as grandmas got yanked into the subway and subsequently blasted right back out. Indeed it is a blast for the masochist in everyone.

MOTORSTORM
Well, we didn't get to play too much of the actual races in the game 'cuz Gabe thought it would be more fun to ride a dirt bike around and kersplode it into every wall and oncoming vehicle. Despite the fact we weren't playing the game the way it was meant to be played, the graphics were indeed awesome and the track deformation was definitely impressive.

MGS4
Here is where a majority of my solo game playtime was focused (which only turned out to be an hour and a half or so). Out of the hour and a half or so I had the game in the system, I think that I only played the game for about 30 minutes or so. A lot of the time was involved with the install, loading between levels, and watching cut scenes (being the lengthiest). The install time i figured would have helped to take the pain away from the loading in the game, but it still takes a moment or so. Nothing hatefull like the early PS2 days, but still a little annoying. Now I have heard some people complain about the length of MGS cinematics in the past, but its to be expected at this point. At least the cuts seem to be done mainly with in game graphics, and damn do they look good. I don't really mind them that much since I'm eager to see the last remnant of the MGS storyline (even though I missed MGS3 entirely). The gameplay is spot on with what I expect so far and the innovative new tools at Snakes disposal are fun to boot. I just made it to Drebin last night and the weapons trading aspect of the game sounds like it should be interesting, but I'll just have to wait 'till I get to implement it to see for myself. So far, I'm loving it and its brand of fucked up humor (including all the fake commercials packed into the game, like the Drill Sargent Workout program.)

That's all I have time for now, got to get to work at 6, which is creeping up really fast.

DoomStein, Out!

No comments: