Sunday, December 21, 2008

More on Club Nintendo

After giving a quick rundown about Club Nintendo with information I heard from a close source, I was finally able to access it late in the week, see what it was about, and register my games. The problem with logins is solved, and the site can now handle enough traffic for you get into the prestigious doors of Club Nintendo. First off, I may have been misinformed about the Famicom designed Nintendo DS being available as a prize; the prizes include much more modest offerings, such as Wii Remote holders, game cases & holders, stylus sets, Mario Party & Animal Crossing themed playing cards and even a Hanafunda Card (the cards that Nintendo made and sold when the company started over 100 years ago) set with Nintendo artwork. Below you’ll find a miniaturized version of the prizes currently available (click on the image for a bigger picture). Prizes are subject to change without warning.




There are still some bugs and unfinished aspects to the site. A couple of examples of this is that the page states you can get 10 Coins for every Virtual Console/Wii Ware title, but currently, those are not being counted. Another example is that the page claims you can register games you intend to buy to get a 10 Coin bonus, but that section of the site is not live. Certainly, there’s still some kinks to be ironed out.
Some games you think that would count toward Coins (in my case ExciteTruck on Wii and Star Fox Command on DS) do not count at all—weird. No explanation for that either save for something along the lines of saying “all games are not worth Coins.” Oh well.


So that’s about it for now; despite current unfinished aspects, it’s really nice to have Club Nintendo for North America now. Again, the best way to learn about it is to check out Club Nintendo for yourself. Register your games and earn some swag! Prizes will start shipping out tomorrow for those who wish to claim prizes. Happy clubbing!


Max

2 comments:

DoomStein said...

Bastards won't let me register any of the extra copies of games that I bought more than 1 of. Looks like I get no points for all of the games I bought for rose as well as myself.

Maximilian said...

Actually Dustin, you can supposedly create a family account where you can register dual copies of games. I don't know the details, but I know someone who has registered two copies of one game, and I think that's how it's done.